An Environmental Performance Management application based on Oracle’s leading Essbase technology, greenEPM delivers out-of-the-box Environmental Performance Management reporting, analytics and performance dashboards.
greenEPM supports most regulatory and non-governmental reporting frameworks including the Carbon Disclosure Project, the Global Reporting Initiative, and the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, as well as self-defined sustainability monitoring requirements.
The power of the Essbase technology enables customers to better understand and model their environmental impacts, regulatory risk, and costs based on multiple scenarios.
Analysis is provided at varying levels of detail across a range of metrics (Greenhouse gas / carbon emissions, energy, water, material usage, recycling, solid waste, and transportation) leveraging a customer's existing financial and operational data.
Three main factors are driving organisations to consider how they track and report on their environmental, carbon and sustainability impacts on the world around them:
The legislative requirements for reporting on the various component areas of Corporate Social Responsibility have steadily increased since the 1980’s when regulations were introduced to address areas such as health and safety, local pollution, acid rain and hazardous materials. Since then legislation has increasingly focused on emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, driven by climate change fears.
The EU, for example, has introduced the trading emissions scheme aimed at the power generators and energy-intensive industries. Around the world, countries are introducing regulations requiring companies to track and report on their energy usage and environmental and social impact.
The United Kingdom has introduced the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) Energy Efficiency Scheme, which introduces the requirement for some 5,000 companies to participate in a carbon trading scheme and a further 15,000 organisations to report on their energy usage. Local and international legislation continues to change and develop.
Companies are facing increasingly intense scrutiny, not just from traditional critics among environmental and social lobby groups and local communities, but from customers, employees and investors.
Investors today demand information about companies’ sustainability impacts because they believe that those with strong management of environmental and social risks will have a competitive edge.
Previously ignored constituencies such as employees and suppliers are also having an increasing influence and interest in companies’ corporate social responsibility and this has resulted in an increased requirement for transparent, auditable and published data evidencing performance results, improvements and plans.
There is ample evidence that those companies that understand, manage, and plan their energy, carbon and sustainability outputs perform better financially than those companies who do not.
A recent study by consultants AT Kearney, for example, has found that the share prices of the top 99 companies in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index outperformed the industry average by 15% in 16 out of 18 sectors.
The greenEPM Solution
Beyond the Standard Metrics
- greenEPM is prebuilt with all GRI, GHG Protocol and CDP metrics
- greenEPM includes many additional metrics out-of-the-box to help you manage your performance to achieve great results
- The underlying datamart is configurable to allow for additional custom metrics to support your specific business and reporting requirements
All the Information You Need
greenEPM’s solution delivers the information to successfully manage your sustainability programs.
- Pre-built sustainability metrics
- and the flexibility to easily add customer and industry specific extensions
- GHG emissions, energy, water, material usage, recycling, solid waste, transportation, and social responsibility metrics all in one system of record
- Complex environmental and operational calculations included to save time and deliver data confidence
- Robust security and complete data audit trail
- Attach supporting documentation to any data point
- Multiple scenarios provides plan vs. actual, year over year, and what-if analysis, modeling and scenario planning
Automate Data Collection and Integration
- Eliminate costly, time consuming, and error-prone manual data entry and manipulation with integration
- Automated data collection and seamless integrations to deliver better decisions, faster
- Leverage existing data from multiple sites, platforms, and data sources and types
- Migrate data from custom solutions and eliminate Excel spreadsheet proliferation
- Pre-built reports facilitate rapid implementation
- Standardized external reports: GRI, GHG Protocol, Title V, Climate Leaders, Carbon Disclosure, etc
- Internal management, ranking, exceptions, alerts
- Self-service reporting and analysis empowers users to create and share information
- Analysts spend more time analyzing data instead of developing reports for users
- Data entered once and delivered to multiple audiences in multiple formats
- Automated report delivery
- Easy to use: intuitive screens
- Interactive: user-configured screens and parameters
- Relevant: right info, right time
- Personalized: analyst to CEO
- Rapid deployment: pre-built screens, metrics, and analysis
Ad Hoc Analysis
- Drill, sort, pivot, and filter large data sets
- Link to source data
- Speed-of-thought query response
- Fully integrated with Microsoft Excel