An Environmental Performance Management application based on Oracle’s leading Essbase technology, greenEPM delivers out-of-the-box Environmental Performance Management reporting, analytics and performance dashboards.
greenEPM supports most regulatory and non-governmental reporting frameworks including the Carbon Disclosure Project, the Global Reporting Initiative, and the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, as well as self-defined sustainability monitoring requirements.
The power of the Essbase technology enables customers to better understand and model their environmental impacts, regulatory risk, and costs based on multiple scenarios.
Analysis is provided at varying levels of detail across a range of metrics (Greenhouse gas / carbon emissions, energy, water, material usage, recycling, solid waste, and transportation) leveraging a customer's existing financial and operational data.
Three main factors are driving organisations to consider how they track and report on their environmental, carbon and sustainability impacts on the world around them:
The legislative requirements for reporting on the various component areas of Corporate Social Responsibility have steadily increased since the 1980’s when regulations were introduced to address areas such as health and safety, local pollution, acid rain and hazardous materials. Since then legislation has increasingly focused on emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, driven by climate change fears.
The EU, for example, has introduced the trading emissions scheme aimed at the power generators and energy-intensive industries. Around the world, countries are introducing regulations requiring companies to track and report on their energy usage and environmental and social impact.
The United Kingdom has introduced the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) Energy Efficiency Scheme, which introduces the requirement for some 5,000 companies to participate in a carbon trading scheme and a further 15,000 organisations to report on their energy usage. Local and international legislation continues to change and develop.
Companies are facing increasingly intense scrutiny, not just from traditional critics among environmental and social lobby groups and local communities, but from customers, employees and investors.
Investors today demand information about companies’ sustainability impacts because they believe that those with strong management of environmental and social risks will have a competitive edge.
Previously ignored constituencies such as employees and suppliers are also having an increasing influence and interest in companies’ corporate social responsibility and this has resulted in an increased requirement for transparent, auditable and published data evidencing performance results, improvements and plans.
There is ample evidence that those companies that understand, manage, and plan their energy, carbon and sustainability outputs perform better financially than those companies who do not.
A recent study by consultants AT Kearney, for example, has found that the share prices of the top 99 companies in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index outperformed the industry average by 15% in 16 out of 18 sectors.
The greenEPM Solution
Beyond the Standard Metrics
- greenEPM is prebuilt with all GRI, GHG Protocol and CDP metrics
- greenEPM includes many additional metrics out-of-the-box to help you manage your performance to achieve great results
- The underlying datamart is configurable to allow for additional custom metrics to support your specific business and reporting requirements
All the Information You Need
greenEPM’s solution delivers the information to successfully manage your sustainability programs.
- Pre-built sustainability metrics
- and the flexibility to easily add customer and industry specific extensions
- GHG emissions, energy, water, material usage, recycling, solid waste, transportation, and social responsibility metrics all in one system of record
- Complex environmental and operational calculations included to save time and deliver data confidence
- Robust security and complete data audit trail
- Attach supporting documentation to any data point
- Multiple scenarios provides plan vs. actual, year over year, and what-if analysis, modeling and scenario planning
Automate Data Collection and Integration
- Eliminate costly, time consuming, and error-prone manual data entry and manipulation with integration
- Automated data collection and seamless integrations to deliver better decisions, faster
- Leverage existing data from multiple sites, platforms, and data sources and types
- Migrate data from custom solutions and eliminate Excel spreadsheet proliferation
- Pre-built reports facilitate rapid implementation
- Standardized external reports: GRI, GHG Protocol, Title V, Climate Leaders, Carbon Disclosure, etc
- Internal management, ranking, exceptions, alerts
- Self-service reporting and analysis empowers users to create and share information
- Analysts spend more time analyzing data instead of developing reports for users
- Data entered once and delivered to multiple audiences in multiple formats
- Automated report delivery
- Easy to use: intuitive screens
- Interactive: user-configured screens and parameters
- Relevant: right info, right time
- Personalized: analyst to CEO
- Rapid deployment: pre-built screens, metrics, and analysis
Ad Hoc Analysis
- Drill, sort, pivot, and filter large data sets
- Link to source data
- Speed-of-thought query response
- Fully integrated with Microsoft Excel
Enhanced SAP Hyperion Integration
More than 4000 enterprises around the world use Oracle’s Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (Hyperion EPM) solutions in combination with SAP ERP systems. A significant challenge faced by these companies is the integration between the two environments and the ability to prepare and extract data from the SAP transaction systems for use in the management reporting and analytical solutions in Hyperion EPM (Hyperion Financial Management, Hyperion Planning, Essbase and other related applications). EPM FastTrack facilitates an accurate, reliable and cost-effective period close by preparing and validating data for Hyperion EPM in real-time in SAP. Enhanced SAP Hyperion Integration
The EPM FastTrack Solution
EPM FastTrack has been developed with the experience of integrating SAP and Hyperion EPM at a number of global blue chip organisations. EPM FastTrack simplifies the data preparation process working in harmony with Hyperion EPM, ensuring auditability as well as improving data quality and business processes.
EPM FastTrack delivers:
- Real Time Translation and Validation
- Increased Scope of Data
- Business Ownership of Mapping and Validation Rules
- Audit Trail and Visibility
- Enhanced Trust in Data
Simple Environment Set Up
- Simple and intuitive drag drop functionality enables the Hyperion EPM environment to be rapidly configured in EPM FastTrack.
- Key Hyperion EPM hierarchies, characteristics and associated master data are easily created within SAP.
Easy to Use Account Mapping Tool
- The combination of the Excel upload tool, the automated account generation tool, and Intuitive ‘Drag Drop’ functionality allows for the efficient set up of the Hyperion EPM accounts in SAP.
User friendly Derivation Rules
- The Derivation Rules are easily designed and maintained in EPM FastTrack, with even the most complicated of requirements readily handled.
Cross Validation Rules
- The Cross Validation rules in EPM FastTrack ensure data integrity.
- Intuitive ‘Traffic Light’ workbench highlights mapping status.
File Extractor templates
- A fully configurable File Extractor Engine with pre-configured Hyperion EPM templates.
- Integrate the output to Hyperion EPM.
Fast Month End Close for the SAP Hyperion Environment
- Reconciliation issues between the SAP source and Hyperion EPM destination are eliminated.
- Late posting journals issues minimised.
- Hyperion EPM data is synchronized with the data in SAP. This allows users to drill down to the underlying transactions.
Real Time Hyperion Posting in SAP
- Hyperion Coding Block is fully derived and validated in real time within SAP.
- Hyperion Accounting Document is visible within standard Accounting Document display.
- The Extended Hyperion Document display allows users to view the Hyperion EPM specific characteristics, and to drill down to the underlying Derivation Rules.